Process improvement approaches, such as Lean Six Sigma, have no shortage of powerful tools to apply in trying to assess a situation and then implementing change. How, then, to pick those that may have the most bang for the buck for someone relatively new to the field or on their first PI project? Continue reading
I have mentioned before that this blog is not meant to have a news-oriented focus, but rather is tutorial in nature as to topics which may have the potential to reduce harm and waste in healthcare.
To add variety and offer access to other quality resources, I am now providing links to a few sites/blogs that, in my opinion, stand out from the rest in the depth of their news coverage and opinion content while also being quite engaging in their presentation of the same. These now appear in the right sidebar of this site’s pages, under the heading “Blogroll.” To date, these links include:
- John Goodman’s Health Policy Blog — policy
- Mayo Clinic Blogs — research, education, innovation
- The Future of Health IT: Trends and Scenario — health information technology
- The Health Care Blog — broad perspective and op-ed pieces on health plans, accountable care, and the business of healthcare
- The Health Care Law Blog — privacy of data, federal and state regulations, adoption of electronic health records
- The New Health Dialogue — New America’s health policy blog
You will find the above sources comprehensive in their coverage of important news, and full of cogent analyses, strong opinions, and intelligent exchanges. They are all quite topical as to important changes and debates occurring in healthcare today and will no doubt give you useful insights into what may be headed our way in the near future.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.